We’re heading off for a long road trip this summer, mixing up cities and beach time. Everywhere is going to be super, super hot, however. Not sure if it’ll ever be consistently warm back home, but hey, I have the clothes should it ever decide to not be rainy and cold because we’ll be facing a real summer inferno on this trip (avg temp is expected to be 90).
I initially didn’t intend to create a color scheme of sorts for this little vacation capsule, but that’s just how it turned out once I started shopping. Apparently, I’m really into blush pink right now. I blame the Millennial in me. I know this isn’t strictly speaking a fashion blog, but I haven’t done much to my house lately, so why not post some clothes?
Everything kind of ended up matching, which is great for unexpected weather– I can pretty much assume everything will look OK with everything else whether I need to wear jeans or shorts or long sleeves or whatever. Here’s what’s in my suitcase, with links from left to right, top, then left to right, bottom.
- Floral Embroidered Butterfly Top in Bashful Blush | Madewell
- Texture & Thread Button-Front Tie Tank Top in Pearl Ivory | Madewell
- Easy Crop Tee in Daisy Sketch | Madewell
- Eyelet Embroidered Split-Neck Tank Top | Gap
- Texture & Thread Wrap-Tie Top in Peach | Madewell
- Cotton-blend crewneck sweatshirt | J. Crew Factory
- Whisper Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tank in Mauve Shadow | Madewell
- Whisper Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tank in Burnt Clay | Madewell
- Whisper Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tank in Greywood Stripe | Madewell
- Scalloped Tank Top (Similar, this is from last year) | J. Crew Factory
- Striped tie-wrap T-shirt | J. Crew Factory
- Denim Sleeveless Button Up (I can’t find a link to the shirt I have– from Gap, but it looks like this one from H&M that’s for kids.)
I’ll also probably throw in a denim long sleeve shirt in case it’s cold indoors and I might bring along this white Courier shirt from Madewell as well because it goes with everything. And a rain coat of course! Can’t ever forget a rain coat.
On to bottoms! It’s gonna be insanely hot, so it’s mostly shorts but I did throw in a pair of jeans just in case we get a bizarrely cold day. Again, items are listed L to R, top then bottom.
- Mid Rise Destructed Girlfriend Jeans (similar, they sold out) |Gap Factory
- High Rise 4″ Button-Fly Denim Shorts | Gap
- 5″ Girlfriend Chino Shorts in Desert Sand | Gap
- Button-Front Midi Skirt in TENCEL | Gap
- Relaxed Chino Shorts (they don’t have this color anymore, but there are lots of other cute colors!) | Anthropologie
- Slim Distressed Denim Shorts (They’re sold out of the 5″ currently but this link is to the 3″) | Old Navy
- Women’s High-Rise Midi Jean Shorts | Target
I might also throw in a pair of long Bermuda shorts in a dark color just to mix things up. Depends on if there’s room!
Not trip to the beach is complete without a few dresses and I bought my first jumpsuit, too! These kind of veer off from the rest of my color palette, but they are worn on their own and don’t need to match anything else, so that’s OK.
- Multi-Stripe Linen-Blend Shirt Dress for Women Old Navy
- Sleeveless V-Neck Button Front Dress in Red Target
- Waist-Defined Wrap-Front Dress for Women in Red Ditsy Old Navy
- Cropped Wide-Leg Jumpsuit in Modal Gap
I’m planning on being at the beach quite a bit so I’m bringing a few suits so I can always have one that isn’t still damp. Putting on a still wet and cold swimsuit is such an awful feeling. Yuck. I actually got the green one at TJ Maxx and it’s AMAZING ($30!!). So much squishing in of the mummy tummy. The striped set was an eBay purchase– my advice is to size up when shopping Boden.
- Island Goddess Multi Strap Cross Back | La Blanca
- Second Wave Straight One-Piece Swimsuit in Hillside Daisies | Madewell
- Formentera Tankini Top and Bottom (They still have the suit–or one very similar– just not this colorway) | Boden
I’m also bringing a black beach cover up and some swim shorts– not always comfortable showing off the booty at the beach.
No surprise, I’m pretty much only bringing sandals. Got some functional ones for walking and going to the beach or pool and some dressier ones for going out to dinner. Throw in some Toms and Nikes to round it out, and I should be good for just about anything.
- Nyla Ankle Strap Sandals | Target
- Madira Sandal in Taupe (I actually ordered this in a different color and they sent me the taupe, but it’s fine– the taupe is more neutral) | Born
- Revalli Link Sandal | Merrell
- Ginger Sandals (I actually have another color, but they’re the same as these. Best flip flops! | Reef
- Black Suede Women’s Deconstructed Alpargatas | Toms
- Blazer Low Suede Sneaker | Nike
Here’s the whole thing, all in one shot so you can see how it all goes together. I’m hoping it all works out and is easy to pick from everyday– I’m always so horribly indecisive about clothes choices on trips. I always regret half the stuff I pack. This is my attempt to avoid that situation.
I think that’s mostly it! I’m so excited and I can’t wait to get away from work and home responsibilities for awhile!